You have two choices for uploading your photos and videos:
1. Use Lightroom’s Export capabilities. I find this the simplest approach. Take a look at the “Uploading photos – Export” guide if you want to use Export.
2. Use Lightroom’s Publish capabilities. Follow the instructions below.
Uploading your photos using Lightroom’s Publish
1. Find the Photo Upload publish service in the lower left (of the Library).
2. On the Photo Upload publish service, click “Set Up…” or if you’ve already set it up then right click on the the service and choose “Edit Settings…”.
Note: If you’ve already setup a Photo Upload publish service (e.g. for Picasa Web) then you can add another publish service by right clicking on the first one and choosing “Create Another Publish Service via Photo Upload…”
The Lightroom Publishing Manager window will open.
3. Check your publish settings. Ensure the plug-in is authenticated with your chosen photo service. Refer to the guide on Authenticating the plug-in.
Choose an appropriate file format and size (I like JPEGs and the 1920 x 1080 resolution as this is perfect for TVs and many monitors). Save your settings and close the Lightroom Publishing Manager window.
4. Create a new published collection. Right click on your Photo Upload publish service and choose “Create Album…”.
A window will open asking you for the name of the Album. The name will be the name of the album that is created in your chosen photo service. Enter a name and choose “Create”.
5. Select the photos in Lightroom that you wish to publish to the newly created album. With the photos selected, right click on the album that you just created and choose “Add Selected Photo(s)”.
6. The selected photos are now in the Lightroom published collection ready to to be published to the photo service. You will see them within the album under the category “New Photos to Publish”.
7. Publish the album to the photo service by selecting the Publish button with your album selected. Publishing your album will upload your photos.
8. Once the photos are uploaded, you can quickly open your album in a Web browser directly from Lightroom by right clicking your album and choosing “Go to Published Collection”.